When you have the misfortune of a pest infestation, the exterminator can quickly become your best friend. Whether it is an ant invasion, unwanted rodents inhabiting the rafters of your home, or everyone’s worst nightmare, a bed bug infestation, you do not want to handle this yourself. Pest control is a job for professionals, people who are experts in their field and know the habits and patterns of every bug or rodent infestation.
When hiring a pest control company, you want to hire a top-notch pest control company and these are some of the things you should definitely be looking for.
Your Checklist for Finding the Right Pest Control Company:
- Find a pest control firm offering a free no-obligation quote over the phone, as receiving a reliable phone quote will save you time in solving your problem and offer faster results for ridding your home of pests.
- Locate a company that offers a warranty on their services – follow-up visits at no charge. You do not want to pay for a service that was not performed correctly or did not live up to their promise. It’s also a good idea to sign up for a longer warranty (i.e., year-long coverage) if you have large or persistent infestation.
- A pest control firm that provides the opportunity for continued weekly or monthly service checks on your property to manage infestations before they become a problem; this is ideal for businesses and rental properties.
- Find a Toronto pest control company that only uses products that are safe for children, the elderly, pregnant women, and pets, such as Power Pest Control.
- You also want to make sure that the exterminator you use is licensed with the Ontario Ministry of Environment – they’ll have a card on them.
Common Pest Control Toronto Problems:
- Carpenter ants, pavement ants, fire ants
- Yellow jackets and wasps
- Millipedes, centipedes, and spiders
- Fruit flies and house flies
Residents must be proactive in notifying their local pest control service at the first sight of an infestation. Staying on top of your pest control problems is the best way to avoid infestation, stress, and disease. Pests are most annoying and dangerous around children and pets as they can get into just about anything. Make a routine check of your children’s play area, bedding, and toys to ensure the infestation has not been limited to comfortable areas like the bedding.
The Bed Bug Nightmare
One of the worst types of infestations you can live through is bed bugs; not only will they cause you to suffer sleepless nights and anxiety, they are impossible to get rid of on your own. Your best bet is to contact professionals immediately, as they have experience dealing with what some observers have been calling a city-wide epidemic. Toronto bedbug exterminators like Power Pest Control implement a multi-pronged approach to exterminating bedbugs that kills living specimens, eggs, and excludes them from returning.
As soon as you notice bed bug bites, search your mattress, head board, drawers, and wardrobe, as well as electrical sockets. Get in touch with Toronto bed bug removal experts at Powerpestcontrol.ca before the situation gets out of hand and you have to dispose of your mattress. The infestation will rapidly escalate; instead of being embarrassed, just get it fixed. You won’t regret acting fast.